Solid State 12-Pulse 400 HZ Regulated-Transformer-Rectifier-Unit for Pure DC Ground Power
ICS Designed and Built for use on AC ground power units as a source of MIL-STD-704 28 VDC power for DC powered aircraft. 13.5VDC to 29.5 VDC Heavy Duty Regulated Power Supply with 400HZ (50/60Hz based units also available) 3-PH 200V PH-PH input. This is one tough power supply with 800 AMPS continuous output and 2000 AMP Soft-Start Engine Start. Shown on the right is both an exterior view and interior view. In the interior view, the massive 34KVA custom designed transformer can be seen. This is a 200V PH-PH 400HZ three phase input transformer with voltage matched three phase delta and three phase wye outputs. This arrangement allows for a 400 HZ 6 Phase input to the 12-pulse rectifier banks. The resulting 4800 HZ ripple frequency becomes much easier to filter at this frequency and the result is a super low ripple very clean DC output.
See our Brochure at:
- 200V PH-PH 3Phase 400 Hz Input Power 28 VDC (13.5—29.5 VDC)
- Adjustable Output
- 800 Amps Continuous Output Power
- 2000 Amp (adjustable) Soft-Start Engine Starting
- Adjustable Voltage and Current Limit from remote operators panel (13.5-29.5 VDC 300-2400 AMPS)
- Over voltage Limit internally adjustable. (Factory set at 32.0 VDC)
- Over-current Factory set at 2400 Amps.
- 34KVA Custom Transformer with 12-pulse rectifier and output filter for less than 100 mV ripple at full 800 AMP current.
- Ripple well below MIL-STD-704F and all commercial aircraft power quality standards.
- Low input harmonic distortion enables simultaneous use of GPU AC and DC power outputs.
- Fully regulated output voltage and current.
- Phase Loss and Phase Imbalance protection
- Separate SCR, Transformer, and Rectifier Over Temperature Protection
- Three internal cooling fans with Fan Fault Detection
- Remote Operators Panel with Voltage Adjustment, Current Adjustment, Lighted Output Contactor Control, and Lighted Fault Indicator / Reset. in NEMA 4X enclosure
- Phase Angle Controlled SCR Regulator for precise control of output voltage and current.
- 12-pulse 6 Phase Rectifier unit for 4800 Hz fundamental ripple below 100 mV RMS.
- Heavy Duty Cooling design for Extreme Duty use.
- Heavy Duty Output Contactor
- Custom NEMA enclosure
- Designed for Trailer Mounting on Alliance Ground Power GPU’s See: www.alliancegroundpower.com/
Part Numbers and Pricing:
- Part Number: RTRU-800-400HZ - 28VDC 800AMP Regulated Power Supply with 400HZ input
- Pricing: Please request Quotation